Here’s what you can do now to simplify your claim:
- Take photos of the scene.
- Approach witnesses and record their name and phone number.
- Write a detailed description of the accident while details are fresh.
- Record the make, model, year, and colour of all cars involved.
- Record the name and phone number, driver’s license number, and the policy number and name of the insurer for the people involved in the accident.
- If the car is not owned by the driver involved in the accident, ask for the car owner’s name and phone number as well.